- 【In-Game Currencies】
- There are 2 types of・・・
- 【My Garage】
- My Garage is the main game screen・・・
- The GPS menu is used to travel to・・・
- There are many ways to race・・・
- There are many cars in Car Town EX・・・
- If you place Workbays in your garage・・・
- 【Edit Garage】
- Garage Items can be found in the shop・・・
- 【Car Shop】
- Cars and Mystery Boxes of various types・・・
- 【Glove Box】
- The Glove Box is a menu for various・・・
- Upgrades are a feature in Car Town EX・・・
- Adventures are limited duration events.・・・
- Tournaments are limited duration events.・・・
- 【Car Merging】
- You can now merge 2 of the same cars together.・・・
There are 2 types of currencies in Car Town EX:
* Car Town Coins: These can be earned via doing jobs, races, or other tasks. They are displayed as yellow-colored coins.
* Car Town Points: Premium currency used for extra content or speeding up tasks. Usually obtained via purchasing.
My Garage is the main game screen in Car Town EX. The following features are available from the My Garage screen:
* Level and XP Meter
Displays how much experience you have obtained as well as your level. If you click the meter you will get a detailed view of how much XP you have any how much more you need to the next level.
* Garage Level Meter
Garage Level is a measure of everything in your garage and storage. If you click the meter itself, you will see the VIP Leaderboard, which ranks all players' Garage Values.
* Car Collections
Certain cars belong to a Car Collection. Collecting all of the cars in the collection will reward a special gift. You can see the status of your collections here.
There are many Missions that can be completed in Car Town EX, including standard missions and daily missions. Completing missions will reward special items or gifts in the game. Click the icon to view more details about your current missions, including the Daily Mission, which changes every day.
The Sponsor function allows you to invite your friends to Car Town EX and earn Car Town Coins or Car Town Points.
Please view the link here for more details on the Sponsor feature
This allows you to take a photograph of your Garage. Photos taken with this feature are sent to your Facebook account's photos, you will need to review and confirm the photos there.
These toggle game settings and options:
- Music: Background music on and off
- Sound Effects: Sound effects on or off
- Quality: High or Low settings for lower spec computers
- Full-screen: View the garage in full-screen mode
- Zoom: Zoom in and out of your garage
* Fuel Gauge
Fuel is used in the Town Racing feature. Each race will use one fuel. Fuel will regenerate once every 10 minutes, and maximum Fuel will increase as you level up.
Visit different locations in the game using the GPS button. Clicking the button will bring up a list of locations you can visit. Click here to view more details about the GPS
Upgrades are custom parts that can be added to cars to increase race performance. Access the Upgrades you currently own by clicking this icon.
Click here to view more details about the Upgrades
* Edit Garage
Click this icon to access Garage Item shopping and editing of your garage. In Edit mode, you can move and rotate Cars and Garage Items throughout your garage.
Click here to view more details about Garage Editing.
* Buy Cars
Click this to access the purchasing of Cars and Mystery Boxes from the Car Shop.
1. For further details about the Car Shop, click here
2. Mystery Boxes are purchases in the shop but the contents are not immediately shown. In order to "open" a Mystery Box, place it in your garage and click it once.
* Glove Box
Extra features are located in the Glove Box. This includes Gifting, Mail, Contests, and other features.
Click here to view more details about the Glove Box
The GPS menu is used to travel to different locations throughout Car Town. Each location will have different content depending on the location. Locations are divided in the categories listed below:
1. Hot Spots: New and featured locations
2. Town Racing: Find opponents from other Car Town EX users to race on the streets. You can earn XP and Car Town Coins by doing Town Racing, as well as complete certain missions.
3. Race: This tab is for special racing locations, such as the Daytona® International Speedway and other special Race content
4. Car Shop: This is the menu for purchasing Cars and Mystery Boxes
5. Friend List: A list of your friends who are playing Car Town EX
There are many ways to race your cars in Car Town EX.
** Town Racing
Click the GPS icon from My Garage, and then the "Town Racing" Tab. Click any of the 5 locations listed there to visit a Town Racing location.
Once you select an opponent, below are details on how to race:
1. Click Start
2. As the countdown lights turn green, click Go. Clicking Go just as the countdown reaches green will reward Bonus Points.
2. As the needle begins going up, try to click the Shift button when the needle is exactly over the red portion of the meter. * On a perfect shift takeoff, you will see a "Turbo Bonus" meter appear. In order to receive the Bonus, you must get Bonus Shifts on each shift of the race. The Turbo Bonus will be added after all Perfect Shifts.
** Friend Racing
Race against your Facebook friends in asynchronous racing. Send challenges to them and they will respond to your challenges or lose the race.
You can access Friend Racing via the following 3 methods:
1. From the GPS menu, click Racing, then Friend Racing
2. Visit a Friend's garage, then click the Race button
3. From My Garage, click a car in your garage and Friend Racing from the popup
The mechanics for racing and shifting for Friend Racing are the same as Town Racing mentioned above.
** Indianapolis Motor Speedway®
From the GPS: Racing tab, you can select the Indianapolis Motor Speedway® location.
Racing on oval tracks is as follows:
1. Click the Start button
2. Dots and bars will begin moving from the right side of the screen. As they approach the circle in the middle of the screen, click when you see a dot directly under the circle, click and hold if there is a bar.
** Daytona® International Speedway
From the GPS: Racing tab, you can select the Daytona® International Speedway location.
The Racing mechanics are the same as listed above for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway®.
** NHRA Drag Strip
From the GPS: Racing tab, you can select the Daytona® International Speedway location.
Racing mechanics for drag strip racing are as follows:
1. Click Go to start
2. Once the starting lights turn green, click the green button to go, then click and hold to grab the slider
3. The goal is to keep the needle held in the central green area for as long as you can.
There are many cars in Car Town EX, and we will cover the basics here. Each car has 2 attributes: Car Class, and Car Performance. Car Classes have a rating of D, C, B, A, or Star. D Cars are generally less expensive cars, and Star Cars are usually high performance.
Cars can be purchased directly in the Car Shop, received from Mystery Boxes, or given as rewards for events or missions.
Once you place a car in your garage, you have the following options available:
* Paint and Car Graphics: This allows you to color your car, place stickers or decals on your car, or upload a wrap for your car (not all cars are eligible).
* Wheels: There are multiple wheels available for your cars in different sizes (not all cars are eligible).
* Tires: Change the size and shape of your tires
* Body Kits: Some vehicles will have optional body kits avaiable to change the appearance of your car (not all cars have optional body kits).
* Performance: Raise the performance of your car buy upgrading here
* Suspension: Modify the height of your car, you can lower or raise your car
* Window Tint: Modify the color of your windows
* Lights: Add lights below your car for a night-time vibe
Take a picture of your car using this feature. You can also change the background of the picture using the arrow keys. Any pictures taken using this feature will be sent to your Facebook account's photos, where they will need to be confirmed.
You can sell vehicles here. Any vehicles sold will not be re-purchaseable, so please confirm what you are selling.。
Car Town EX allows Cars to have an optional Upgrade Part installed. These are used to improve Car Performance during racing and race events.
* Click here to view more details about Car Upgrades
* Friendly Racing
Race against your Facebook friends using this button.
* Click here to view more details about Friendly Racing
Use your Car to head out on Drives. These will reward XP and Gold Coins upon completion, with bonuses if your Friends participate.
Enter your customized Cars in Car contests against other players. Car Contests run for 24 hours, where your car is voted against other players' cars. Placing higher in a contest will award you higher XP and Car Town Coin rewards.
If you would like to vote in contests, use the Glove Box from My Garage.
Similiar to Drives, you can use your Cars to complete deliveries for rewards. Making deliveries to your Facebook friends will increase the rewards.
If you place Workbays in your garage, you will be able to complete Jobs. Jobs require an open workbay and a free employee. Each job has a set amount of time it requires for a Car Town Coin and XP reward.
*1. If you do not return in time to collect your job, the customer will leave.
*2. Any 12-hour or longer job will drop at least one Car Upgrade
Garage Items can be found in the shop once the Edit Garage button is clicked. Items can also be moved and rotated, or put into your storage.
* Workbays: Where jobs are completed on cars, each workbay requires an employee
* Shop Items: Items that you would find around a garage, for decoration
* Functional Items: These items give a reward over the course of time
* Misc: Furniture and items that aren't easily categorizeable
* Chairs & Tables: Just as it says, chairs and tables for decorating your garage
* Flooring: Change the floors of your garage
* Walls: Add walls to your garage
* Signage: Posters are attached to walls, and come in a variety of sizes and themes
* Land Expansion: Expand the size of your garage, and add floors
* Fuel: Used to add Fuel for Town Racing
Garage Items are stored in Item Storage, and Cars are stored in Car Storage. If you would like to sell Garage Items or Cars, drag them to the Recycle Box.
The Reset button is used to clear items from the current floor of your garage. Use the checkboxes to confirm what you want to reset. All Garage Items removed from a reset will be moved to your Storage.
Cars and Mystery Boxes of various types can be purchased at the Car Shop.
*1. Cars are not immediately given from Mystery Boxes. In order to retrieve a car, first place the Mystery Box in your Garage, then click the Mystery Box.
*2. Cars in the Car Shop are changed frequently, with some having limited availability.
The Glove Box is a menu for various functions throughout the game, as detailed below:
View your XP, current level, race wins, race high score, and contest log here.
Send in-game messages to your Facebook friends who play Car Town EX.
Contests are 24-hour events where you enter your car in a Car Show. You can vote on other players' cars that are in Car Shows using this button.
Send gifts to your Facebook friends who are playing Car Town EX.
If you have friends who have not yet started Car Town EX, Sponsor them to earn rewards for them starting the game. You may receive additional rewards if your friend reaches specific goals in the game.
View how many stamps you've received on various Adventure events.
Click here to view more details about Adventures.
Upgrades are a feature in Car Town EX that allows you to install and tune your cars. Installing and Tuning Upgrades will increase the performance of your cars during racing.
Each Upgrade has a Tuning Level, with higher Tuning Levels giving more performance. You can trade unused parts to Axel for Tuning your Upgrades.
Upgrade parts can be found via workbay jobs. Each 12-hour job will drop at least 1 Upgrade.
The following actions are available via the Upgrades popup:
1. Install Upgrade (install an Upgrade on a car)
2. Tune Upgrade (increase the performance of the Upgrade by raising it's Tuning Level)
3. Remove Upgrade (uninstall and Upgrade from a car)
4. Sell Upgrade (sell unwanted Upgrades for Car Town Coins)
Adventures are limited duration events. The goal of the Adventures is to reach as high of a stop as possible, within the allotted time. Certain rewards will be given over the course of the Adventure, with races, quizzes, or other challenges along the way.
There is a Petrol gauge that is used to move along stops in the Adventure. Petrol recharges at 1 every 3 minutes, or a Petrol refill item can be used to instantly refill your Petrol.
Tournaments are limited duration events. The goal of the Tournament is to score the highest score using a car specific to that event. Rewards are given out depending on your highest score during the duration of the Tournament.
You can now merge 2 of the same cars together. Successfully merging the cars will add an extra Upgrade slot, up to 3 slots maximum. There is risk involved, as not every merge is successful.
・ Only the two of the exact same cars can be merged together.
・ Not every merge is successful.
・ There is a "base" car, and a "spare" car. The spare car is merged into the base car and will be removed from your inventory.
・ Cars that are participating in drives, contests, tournaments or driving in Adventures cannot be used as spare cars.
・ Cars with Upgrades installed cannot be used as spare cars for merging, without removing the Upgrades first.
How to Merge
1. Click the car you want to be your base car
2. Click Upgrades in the car popup
3. Click Merge Cars
4. Select the spare car you want to merge into the base car, you will see a checkmark on the spare car
5. Confirm your merge